Mid afternoon I went outside to call our six-month-old Rottie puppy. I found her lethargic and unresponsive in the grass. I quickly brought her into the house and found that she was running a temperature of 105 and was drooling.
The night before my son had changed his anti-freeze, which is highly toxic to dogs. There was no sign that any anti-freeze was accessible to the dog, but just in case I felt like there was no choice but to get her to the only animal hospital in town that claimed to be able to treat this kind of poisoning.